On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 07:52:12AM +0300, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On 15/05/13 20:18, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> > Is it expected that after boot you get 0 brightness i.e. a seemingly
> > blank display on N900 with 3.10-rc1?
>
> There were some small changes merged in v3.10 related to acx's
> backlight, but they were removing dead code so I don't see how those
> could affect...

[...]

> So what comes to my mind is that either the model is detected wrong,
> or the acx565akm_get_actual_brightness() which reads the current BL from
> the panel happens to return 0, either because of an error, or because
> the bootloader has set the BL to 0.
>
> But why either of those would've changed with v3.10... No idea...

The panel is detected and probed correctly. So something else is wrong.
It's not a bootloader issue, because booting 3.9 right after 3.10-rc1
makes the display work again correctly.

So I bisected and it points to:

        commit a2797beadfcb5a0974a30929b613b4d1adb023d1
        Author: Jon Hunter <jon-hun...@ti.com>
        Date:   Thu Apr 4 15:16:15 2013 -0500

            gpio/omap: force restore if context loss is not detectable

When I revert that commit from 3.10-rc1, the display works again as
expected.

A.