Below is the code, as you can see in the bootstrap script. Can you see
what would need to change for sipXecs to work?

get_dist_version(){
    local REL_RPM rpmq
    dist_base=unknown
    dist_ver=
    rpmq='rpm --qf %{name}-%{version}-%{release}\n -q'
    if $rpmq --whatprovides redhat-release >/dev/null 2>&1; then
        REL_RPM=$($rpmq --whatprovides redhat-release 2>/dev/null | tail
-n1)
        VER=$(rpm -q --qf "%{version}\n" $REL_RPM)
        REDHAT_RELEASE=$VER

        # RedHat: format is 3AS, 4AS, 5Desktop... strip off al alpha
chars
        # Centos/SL: format is 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, ... strip off .X chars
        dist_base=el
        dist_ver=${VER%%[.a-zA-Z]*}

        if echo $REL_RPM | grep -q centos-release; then
            CENTOS_RELEASE=$VER
        elif echo $REL_RPM | grep -q sl-release; then
            # Scientific Linux (RHEL recompile)
            SCIENTIFIC_RELEASE=$VER
        elif echo $REL_RPM | grep -q fedora-release; then
            FEDORA_RELEASE=$(rpm --eval "%{fedora}")
            dist_base=f
                dist_ver=${FEDORA_RELEASE}
        elif echo $REL_RPM | grep -q enterprise-linux; then
            # this is for Oracle Enterprise Linux (probably 4.x)
            ORACLE_RELEASE=$VER
        elif echo $REL_RPM | grep -q enterprise-release; then
            # this is for Oracle Enterprise Linux 5+
            ORACLE_RELEASE=$VER
        fi

    elif $rpmq --whatprovides sles-release >/dev/null 2>&1; then
        REL_RPM=$($rpmq --whatprovides sles-release 2>/dev/null | tail
-n1)
        SLES_RELEASE=$(rpm -q --qf "%{version}\n" $REL_RPM)
                dist_base=sles
        dist_ver=${SLES_RELEASE}

    elif $rpmq --whatprovides sled-release >/dev/null 2>&1; then
        REL_RPM=$($rpmq --whatprovides sled-release 2>/dev/null | tail
-n1)
        SLES_RELEASE=$(rpm -q --qf "%{version}\n" $REL_RPM)
                dist_base=sles
        dist_ver=${SLES_RELEASE}

    # This comes after sles-release because sles also defines
suse-release
    elif $rpmq --whatprovides suse-release >/dev/null 2>&1; then
        REL_RPM=$($rpmq --whatprovides suse-release 2>/dev/null | tail
-n1)
        SUSE_RELEASE=$(rpm -q --qf "%{version}\n" $REL_RPM)
                dist_base=suse
        dist_ver=${SUSE_RELEASE}
    fi

    dist=$dist_base$dist_ver