On Monday November 27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When md2 is finished then md1 is resynced. Shouldn't they do
> resync at the same time?
>
> I never saw "md: serializing resync,..." what I supected to get because
> md0 and md1 share the same physical disks.
>
> My findigs:
>    The md driver in 2.4.0-test11-ac4 does ALL raid-1 resyncs serialized!!!

Close.  All *reconstructions* are serialised.  All *resyncs* are not
synchronised.
Here *reconstruction* mean when a failed disk has been placed and data
and parity is reconstructed onto it.
*resync* means that after an unclean shutdown the parity is checked
and corrected if necessary.

This is an artifact of how the code was written.  It is not something
that "should be".  It is merely something that "is".

It is on my todo list to fix this, but not very high.

NeilBrown