Neil Brown wrote:
>>Q1) What is the correct command to bring these three up as
>>    degraded?
>

>   mdadm --assemble --force /dev/mdX /dev/sd[abc]1
>
> However this won't work with the superblocks you have. So
>
>   mdadm --create /dev/mdX -l5 -c256 -n4 missing /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc

I do not see 'missing' the the mdadm manpage, but maybe Debian is too
far behind?

# mdadm --version
mdadm - v1.9.0 - 04 February 2005

Should I use 2.1 (is it safe to upgrade to it)?

I built it anyway and I do not see 'missing' listed in
        mdadm --create --help

Reading the new mdadm.man I can see what .missing' does, good.

I got it up (fsck now running), thanks a lot.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
        attach .zip as .dat