Alternatives would be to have two such backup devices, and configure them, as andy liebman wrote:

I may not have been clear what I was asking. I wanted to know if you can make DISK IMAGES -- for example, with a program like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image (better) -- of EACH of the two OS drives from a mirrored pair. Then restore Image A to one new disk, Image B to another disk. And then have a new working mirrored pair.

May I say belatedly (I've been flat out since July 1) that if I were making a significant number of these clones, I'd write a script so that I could clone one drive, drop it in another machine, and let the script run on the other machine to finish the job. I have no idea how many of these you are doing, but automation is nice to avoid finger checks.

--
bill davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc