Hello All , I am having a dickens of a time with preparing this system to replace my present one .
        I created a raid6 array over 6 147GB scsi drives .
        steps I followed were .

        fdisk /dev/sd[c-h] ( one at a time of course )
          created a partition starting at cyl 2 & -10 Cyls from the end of the
drive .
          typed the partion FD
        repeat until all six drives partitioned .

        mdadm --create /dev/md3 --chunk=64 --metadata=1.2 --verbose
--bitmap=internal --level=6 --raid-devices=6 --spare-devices=0 /dev/sd[cdefgh]1
        Built just fine .

        mkfs.ext3 -c -b 4096 -j -L HOME -R stride=96 /dev/md3
        Again no problems noted .

        reboot .

        Array does not get reassembled ,  Here is the snippit out of a reboot .

md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: invalid raid superblock magic on sdc1
md: sdc1 has invalid sb, not importing!
md: invalid raid superblock magic on sdd1
md: sdd1 has invalid sb, not importing!
md: invalid raid superblock magic on sde1
md: sde1 has invalid sb, not importing!
md: invalid raid superblock magic on sdf1
md: sdf1 has invalid sb, not importing!
md: invalid raid superblock magic on sdg1
md: sdg1 has invalid sb, not importing!
md: invalid raid superblock magic on sdh1
md: sdh1 has invalid sb, not importing!

Here is the WHOLE enchalada . Too big to put on the list so I posted them to my webpage . http://www.baby-dragons.com/linux-2.6.20.2a.config
http://www.baby-dragons.com/filesrv1b-raid6-reassemble-problem.log

                Tia ,  JimL