    Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:42:07 +0200
    From: Ralf Müller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Subject: RAID6 recover problem
      To: linux-raid@vger.kernel.org

I have a 10 disk raid6 with internal write intent bitmap here
(softraid, build and managed via mdadm). For whatever reason one of the
3 promise SATA 300 TX controllers went offline and took 4 of these 10
disks with it. After reboot the array was assembled with 8 out of 10
disks - sda2 and sdb2 missing. When I tried to re-add sda2 sdc - which
is one of the "active" disks - reported a read error on sector 54631.
Ok - seems I have a problem.

I stopped all activities at this point to ask here what I can do to
reassemble the array with a minimum loss of data.

Except the offline disks sda2 and sdb2 all other disks report 19 dirty
chunks (mdadm -X). The offline disks report 7 dirty chunks.

If one needs any further data - just ask.

Hoping for assistance
Ralf Müller

----- End message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----

#    _  __          _ __     http://www.nagilum.org/ \n icq://69646724 #
#   / |/ /__ ____ _(_) /_ ____ _  [EMAIL PROTECTED] \n +491776461165 #
#  /    / _ `/ _ `/ / / // /  ' \  Amiga (68k/PPC): AOS/NetBSD/Linux   #
# /_/|_/\_,_/\_, /_/_/\_,_/_/_/_/   Mac (PPC): MacOS-X / NetBSD /Linux #
#           /___/     x86: FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris/Win2k  ARM9: EPOC EV6 #

cakebox.homeunix.net - all the machine one needs..