Doug Ledford said:     (by the date of Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:38:08 -0400)

> Now that grub's installed, you won't have to do anything manual again.
> The only time you might have to repeat that grub install procedure is if
> you loose a drive and need to add a new one back in, then the new one
> will need it.

great! many thanks again.

Another thing..

I'm using xosview to monitor my system activity
(others prefer gkremml, or sth else ;-). To see RAID I can run
xosview like this:

  xosview -xrm "xosview*RAID:true" -xrm "xosview*RAIDdevicecount:2"

but I have three devices (md0, md1, md2), so I should use
RAIDdevicecount:3 but it gives following error:

  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
    what():  St9bad_alloc
  Aborted

anybody else here is using xosview?