Guy Watkins wrote:
man md
man mdadm

I use RAID6.  Happy with it so far, but haven't had a disk failure yet.
RAID5 sucks because if you have 1 failed disk and 1 bad block on any other
disk, you are hosed.

Hope that helps.
I can't believe I've been using a raid array for 2 years and didn't know 'man md' was there. I've
lived and breathed off of Software-RAID-HOWTO.html but it never mentions it.

Just a suggestion to whom it may concern: it might be nice to mention 'man md' in the Howto as well
as the wiki pages.

Thanks

Mike