On 07:25 Sat 23 Jan     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> >> It does. There's a requirement that SL2VL mapping is required when VLCap >
> >> 1.
> >
> > Correct, I found it in o7-4. Basically we can check both (now after
> > switch/endport separation in the code this should be easier), but I
> > would prefer to understand better an issue (if we have) first.
> >
> > Also same o7-4 is applicable to CA and router ports.
>
> I see no mention of CA and router ports in o7-4.

This is the point. o7-4 is not limited by switch ports.

> What are you
> referring to here ?

This was the question, why such capability check should be (was)
ideologically different for CA ports? If 'VLCap > 1' is significant
capability indication for switch ports this should be the same
interpretation with CA and router ports.

> > Do you know why
> > was VLCap > 1 condition ignored there?
>
> Where is the "there" that you are referring to above ?

not switch ports.

Sasha