On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 09:59:50AM -0700, Hefty, Sean wrote:

> > The general parameters would be the same as for RC. Should we create a new
> > ai_flag ? or a new port space ?
>
> There's a ai_qp_type field available.  I think the RDMA TCP port
> space would work.

Not sure the port space matters at all?

Is there anything additional CM information for XRC other than
requesting an XRC QP type? (XRCSRQ or something?)

> > Is it really necessary to support rdma_getaddrinfo, rdma_create_ep and the
> > new APIs ?
>
> I think so, yes.  At least XRC needs to be handled, even if some of
> the calls just fail as unsupported.

I'd like to see a strong rational for leaving any of the new API
unsupported for XRC - IMHO it should all be doable. The new API is
supposed to be simplifying, we want people to use it..