On 10/31/2013 2:55 PM, Jack Wang wrote:
Hi Sagi,

I wander what's the performance overhead with this DIF support?
And is there a roadmap for support SRP/ISER and target side for DIF?

Regards,
Jack

Well, all DIF operations are fully offloaded by the HCA so we don't expect
any performance degradation other than the obvious 8-bytes integrity overhead.
We have yet to take benchmarks on this and we definitely plan to do so.

Regarding our roadmap, we plan to support iSER target (LIO) and initiator first.
Some prior support for DIF needs to be added in target core level,
then transport implementation is pretty straight-forward (iSER/SRP).

So I aim for iSER DIF support (target+initiator) to make it into v3.14.

Hope this helps,

Sagi.