> it's never going to fit any possible future driver.  Dennis and folks
> have done great work to move code outside the drivers into a shared
> library.  So far it's been driven just by the Intel drivers as that's
> the only thing they were interested in.

If it's not going to be a solution for anything else but Intel then
why declare it as such?
Where is that shared library? There amount of shared code in rdmavt
that can be considered as shared is very little.

> If you are interested in supporting SoftROCE please work with them
> by adjusting the code towards your requirements.  In Linux we have
> great results with iterative appoaches and I'd suggest you try it
> as well.

Exactly. All you asked for  is in the RFC I posted.

> You've got the code, so let's work based on that.
> --
I say let's agree on the interfaces and start writing code.