Steven Rostedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> > I'm about to gut the RT latency tracer with the version I'm pushing
>> > upstream. This will be some of the changes:
>>
>> Might I request that you follow the mainline stabilization model and
>> wait until the 2.6.25-rcX-rtY series to make a significant change like
>> this?
>>
>> I have nothing against your changes, but am not crazy about seeing
>> something like this happen in the "stable" part of the dev cycle.
>
> ??? - I'm unaware of a stable rt kernel.

Neither am I. :)

I just meant the stable part of the development cycle.  Just as I
don't expect any major changes between 2.6.24-rc8 and 2.6.24, I was
hoping for no major changest between the -rt patches against these
kernels as well.  I know the -rt patch has no promises of feature
stability or compatibility, hence the humble plea.

> But I will grant you. I planned on (and announced this) that
> 2.6.24-rt1 will not include the change.

OK, I missed that in the announcment.  Thanks.

> But I'm hoping to use -rt as a place to show that the code is stable
> enough for mainline, and that is why I'm pushing so hard for this
> now. I want some of the code to be in 2.6.25-rc1.

Understood.  And thanks for the hard work.  I look forward to seeing
it in the 2.6.25-rc series too.

Thanks,

Kevin

-