On Feb 18, 2008 1:25 PM, Luis Claudio R. Goncalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Luis, thanks for the reply.

> RT + sched_yield() are not really good friends... sched_yield() messes the
> work of the scheduler. Along with it, sched_tield() behaves in a different
> way under CFS. To get the old behavior you have to:
>
>         echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_compat_yield

I see. I guess this is the case with NPTL also.

I will temporally use yield and "echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_compat_yield",
but I really want to get this right.

I wonder if what I did with threads is correct but since it will be a little
offtopic in this list I asked in the proper group:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_thread/thread/110e57bb3290832c

I'll let you know if I find out I'm doing something wrong. Anyway, any help
will be appreciated.

Regards,
Nelson.-

--