> > >  ____________
> > > /    BOX 1   \
> > > \____________/     |
> > >  ____________      |
> > > /    BOX 2   \     |
> > > \____________/
> >
> > > When I pull the powercord of a disk, the scsi-bus crashes :-(.
> > > And the kernel starts complaining and resetting the scsi-bus (And it
> > > keeps on doing this)
> > > Meanwile, the system becomse _verry_ slow, so slow you can't do
> > > annyting...
> Were there IO's going on to the disk when the power was dropped?  Who is
Jep, but with software raid.

> driving term power?
The external active terminator's (T in the scemetic)

> I have seen problems with drives being powered on connected to a SCSI Bus
> causing a capacitance problem but not normally losing power.  As was mentioned
> on another thread about shared busses electrically SCSI was never really
> intended for hot adding/removing even though there has been a lot of work to
> allow it.  When devices do things electrically clean it can be made to work.
> But not all devices worry about this when they are developed so if powering
> the device off causes electrical fluctuations on the bus then ....
I don't need to hotswap, but it would be nice if the system would
servive powerloss of
a scsi-device.

> > I have the same observation on a 2940 with just an external CD writer.
> > Power cycle the writer and have 2.2.16's aic7xxx in an unrecoverable
> > reset loop.
> Where is termination and how is it terminated?  In particular does the loss of
> power cause the termination on the CD writer to go away?  Likewise for term
> power.
In my case termination was perserved, after a powercycle of the system
(with the HD still offline)
everything worked fine (with softwareraid in depricated mode).

SysV

-