Hi list,

as the rules on scsi_abort have changed again, I'd like to ask some questions.

The scsi_abort method is called in task context and may return
SCSI_ABORT_PENDING. It should not sleep. Is that right ?

Any queued srb should call the callback with DID_ABORT after scsi_abort.
Is that right ?
Can the middle layer cope with the callback called twice ?
Once with DID_OK/DID_ERROR and a second time with DID_ABORT.
There is a race in the driver that I cannot avoid causing this.

Is scsi_abort required to leave the device in a sane state ?

        TIA
                Oliver

-