Kaelin Colclasure wrote:

> I have enabled SCSI logging an recompiled the 2.4.2 kernel on my Redhat
> 7.1 system. However, it seems that `/proc/scsi/scsi' is nevertheless
> read-only. Has the mechanism for actually turning on SCSI logging been
> changed for the 2.4 kernels? Or is this perhaps an issue with 2.4.2?

Kaelin,
The /proc/scsi/scsi pseudo file is writeable by root.
For example:
  $ echo "scsi log timeout 7" > /proc/scsi/scsi
will cause the sg driver to output lots of debug to the
console and the system log. [CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING needs
to be selected in the kernel config.]

However the permissions on that file do look suspicious:
  $ ls -l /proc/scsi/scsi
-r--r--r--  1 root  root   0 Jun 19 23:09 /proc/scsi/scsi

Doug Gilbert