Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> On 1/14/07, Stefan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> There is no emulation going on here.
>
>> -       .emulated                = 1,
>
> Not sure what this flag does, but I copied it over to fw-sbp2.c.  If
> it's bogus, I guess we should drop it from fw-sbp2.c too.

Kristian,
The 'emulated' flag dates from the original ide-scsi
driver (lk 2.0 series or earlier) when some app wanted
to know if there was a "real" SCSI cd drive attached
or a fudged one (i.e. ATAPI) via the ide-scsi bridging
driver. So it is unclear to me why the sbp driver
(and USB mass storage) sets emulated.

Hopefully if any app cares these days there are much
better ways to find out what the transport is. Also
now we have the transport the LLD can see
and the transport the device (i.e. logical unit) can
see; and they aren't necessarily the same. In the
case of a CD/DVD drive there is the GET CONFIGURATION
command for finding out what the lu can see:
$ sg_get_config /dev/hdc
  HL-DT-ST  RW/DVD GCC-4242N  0201
  Peripheral device type: cd/dvd
No current profile
Features:
  Profile list feature
    version=0, persist=1, current=1 [0x0]
    available profiles [more recent typically higher in list]:
      profile: DVD-ROM , currentP=0
      profile: CD-ROM , currentP=0
      profile: CD-R , currentP=0
      profile: CD-RW , currentP=0