On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:17:18AM -0400, Salyzyn, Mark wrote:
> I have been working on a patch to the driver to do just this, reset the
> adapter during init if necessary. We want to limit the adapter's reset
> as it takes time (an additional 45 seconds or longer) for the Firmware
> to cycle... I will bump the priority of the testing for this patch.

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. You can make device reset conditional. Now
one command line parameter "reset_devices" has been defined for the kernel.
You can reset the device only if the user has passed reset_devices command
line option otherwise you can continue to boot normaly.

I have introduced this parameter to handle the concern that in normal
BIOS boot total boot time will increase.

kexec/kdump will pass this parameter to second kernel so that device will
be reset during initialization and normal BIOS boot will reamin unaffected.

Thanks
Vivek