James Bottomley wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 13:57 -0500, Brian King wrote:
>> I agree. The reason the ipr adapter firmware added this UA
>> in this configuration was to support SCSI 1 reservations and
>> communicate to the host that any reservation previously
>> held to the disk array is now lost since the adapter was reset.
>
> For that particular case, scsi_report_bus_reset() was the original
> design concept ... it's asynchronous when the problem occurs ... if you
> have to wait until UA, you don't necessarily find there's a problem
> until much later.

Right. One of the ipr patches in my queue is to call scsi_report_bus_reset
for the logical disk array bus after the adapter is reset, so that scsi core
knows about this reset and it can handle the UA, although this patch is
obviously still needed even with that change...

Brian

--
Brian King
eServer Storage I/O