Hi all,

looking at tmscsim (again) I cannot persuade myself that the handling of
the RESTORE_POINTERS command is correct... Therefore a couple of
questions:

1. do any devices at all use this message-pair?

2. are they ever sent apart from when accompanying the DISCONNECT /
RESELECT?

3. if "yes" to 2 - can the RESTORE be used to "rewind" the pointer to a
value smaller than the current?

4. Some LLDs just pretty much ignore the message. Thereby, AFAIU, they
just assume that this is just a part of the RESELECT procedure and that
they already have the proper context. Is it sufficient?

>From which I'm trying to derive whether the handling in tmscsim is
correct, and, if not, how to correct it...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski