Hi all,

Timing does not apear to be an issue. I have checked all the udelay/msleep calls I could find and thoes that get called are delaying by the correct delay (4 to 7us > specified value).

I have added some more debugging info and it looks like somthing is getting corrupted in the INQUIRY command as it is returning:

  Sense Key : Illegal Request [current]
  Add. Sense: Invalid field in cdb

According a of the SCSI2 Std that I have, this equates to one of the following:

        EVPD set and Vital Product Data not supported
        EVPD clear and Page Code non-zero
        Control Field Flag set and Link not set

Looking into the issue a bit further, it turns out the the Sparc32 memset is broaken - it does not always set the last byte. As a result, the Control Field is set to random value (0xE0 in this case). This explains all sorts of odd issues. Next step is to fix memset. I will try again once I am sure memset is working.

Regards
        Mark Fortescue.