On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 08:05:34 -0700
Andrew Vasquez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Sep 2007, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>
> > This adds target mode support to qla2xxx.
> >
> > With set ql2enable_target_mode module parameter to 1, the driver runs
> > in target mode. By default, ql2enable_target_mode is set to 0, and the
> > driver should work in initiator mode as before.
> >
> > The driver could support dual-mode in the future but it doesn't at the
> > moment (we need to add dual-mode support tgt first).
> >
> > It is based on scst qla2xxx target mode driver. Mike converted the
> > driver to use tgt long ago. I changed it to use the latest (mainline)
> > version of qla2xxx driver and tgt, and also converted it to use fc
> > transport class.
>
> Thanks for doing this.  Some initial comments before a full review is
> complete, As was seen from the initiator updates needed for 24xx
> support, there are comparable changes needed in the area of
> target-mode support for 4gb and 8gb parts.

I see, thanks.

I heard that 24xx firmware doesn't support target mode and I thought
that I should not touch 24xx code. Not true?

> Also, which ISPs and firmwares were exercised with this code?

qla2xxx 0000:0a:02.0:
 QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.02.00-k2
  QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
  ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:0a:02.0 hdma-, host#=3, fw=3.03.20 IPX