From: "Love, Robert W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Open-FCoE on linux-scsi
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:40:05 -0800

> Hello SCSI mailing list,
>
>       I'd just like to introduce ourselves a bit before we get
> started. My name is Robert Love and I'm joined by a team of engineers
> including Vasu Dev, Chris Leech and Yi Zou. We are committed to
> maintaining the Open-FCoE project. Aside from Intel engineers we expect
> engineers from other companies to contribute to Open-FCoE.
>
>       Our goal is to get the initiator code upstream. We have a lot of
> working code but recognize that we're early in this project's
> development. We're looking for direction from you, the experts, on what
> this project should grow into.

I've just added a new fcoe target driver to tgt:

http://stgt.berlios.de/

The driver runs in user space unlike your target mode driver (I just
modified your FCoE code to run it in user space).

The initiator driver succeeded to log in a target, see logical units,
and perform some I/Os. It's still very unstable but it would be
useful for FCoE developers.

I would like to help you push the Open-FCoE initiator to mainline
too. What are on your todo list and what you guys working on now?