From: Matthew Wilcox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 3:41 PM
To: Yang, Bo
Cc: Alan Cox; linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org; DL-MegaRAID Linux
Subject: Re: Megaraid: Use of outb_p

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:32:12PM -0700, Yang, Bo wrote:
> Alan,
>
> The in/outb_p in MegaRAID scsi driver is used for our old io mapped
> megaraid controller.  There are still some customers are using those
> old controller.  Please keep them.

Hi Bo,

I think you've misunderstood the question.  The '_p' versions of
inb/outb introduce a delay after each access.  The current Linux
implementation of _p provokes bugs on some chipsets, so Alan is looking
for alternatives.  Let's ask the question like this:

Replacing outb_p() with outb(); udelay(x); How large does 'x' need to be
for these megaraid controllers?

--
Intel are signing my paycheques ... these opinions are still mine "Bill,
look, we understand that you're interested in selling us this operating