On 12-07-09 04:29 PM, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 07:52:25 -0700
> Robert Love<robert.w.l...@intel.com>  wrote:
>
>> strtoul returns an 'unsigned long' so there is no
>> reason to check if the value is less than zero.
>>
>> strtoul already checks for the '-' character deep
>> in its bowels. It will return an error if the user
>> has provided a negative value and fcoe_str_to_dev_loss
>> will return that error to its caller.
> huh, I never knew that.  So if we feed -1 to kstrtoul() it gets treated
> as an error?  That seems a bit surprising.  You're sure about that?

I believe so.

kstrtoul->kstrtoull->_kstrtoull->_parse_integer

When the call chain ultimately hits _parse_integer it breaks out of
parsing if it hits a non-numeric or alphabetic character outside of the
'a' to 'f' range. _kstrtoull notices that the buffer wasn't completely
parsed and returns an error. I think the error will be -EINVAL.

//Rob--