1: close potential race condition by at enclosure race condition

2,3,4: add enclosure id and device slot, so we can create symlink
       in /dev/disk/by-slot:
  # ls -d /dev/disk/by-slot/*
    /dev/disk/by-slot/enclosure-0x5000ae41fc1310ff-slot0

5: add ability to power on/off device with power_status file in
   sysfs.

Due to the complexity of SES standard, the module is not to replace implement \
all features of sg_ses (sg3_utils).

Patch 5 and existing features for device element and array device elements
control \
of HDDs. It is helpful to handle some HDD related fields in the kernel, as the \
kernel can generate mapping between a device to the SES device element (or
array \
device element):

/sys/block/sdc/device/enclosure_deviceXXX/

With patch 5, we can easily power off a running HDD by

echo off > /sys/block/sdc/device/enclosure_deviceXXX/power_status

This is very useful for systems like Cold Storage, where HDDs are being powered
\
on/off frequently

Dan Williams (4):
  ses: close potential registration race
  ses: generate KOBJ_CHANGE on enclosure attach
  ses: add enclosure logical id
  ses: add reliable slot attribute

Song Liu (1):
  ses: Add power_status to SES device slot

 drivers/misc/enclosure.c  | 106 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 include/linux/enclosure.h |  13 +++-

1.8.1