>> warning: (SCSI_MPT2SAS) selects SCSI_MPT3SAS which has unmet direct
>> dependencies (SCSI_LOWLEVEL && PCI && SCSI)

James> That's unfortunate.  The problem is that select and depend don't
James> interact because Kconfig doesn't have a SAT solver, so depend
James> picks up dependencies and select does onward selects, but select
James> doesn't pick up dependencies.  To fix this, we need to add the
James> correct dependencies to the MPT2SAS option like this.

Yeah, I was wondering about whether it would make sense to add the
dependency when I did the patch. I did test after unselecting SCSI but
didn't get any warnings. In retrospect I probably had something else
configured that pulled it back in.

In any case: Patch looks good to me.

I also asked Fengguang to add scsi.git to the kbuild test robot. It
looks like it's only been testing the SCSI branches I kept in my regular
git tree and they were a bit behind scsi.git.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering