When somebody posts a patch to a piece of code you maintain it is your
responsibility to respond to it. That's what being a maintainer means.

There are a ton of trivial/Coccinelle fixes posted that nobody has done
anything about. I'm not talking about spelling fixes or whitespace
churn. Many of these patches look valid to me. There are also a few
non-trivial patches that have gotten no attention from the relevant
driver maintainers.

People such as Hannes, Johannes, Tomas and Christoph are reviewing
*your* submissions, providing the mandatory impartial review tag that
permits your patches to go into the main tree.

You can not rely on these people also taking on the burden of reviewing
third party changes to your code. That really is your job as the driver
maintainer. Every patch that touches code that you own demands a
response from you. Every. Single. Patch.

We review your changes. You have to review everybody else's.

Thanks!

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering