On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:46:09AM +0200, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> All what's needed is something like the (untested) patch below. As one
> can see no new function pointers have been added to target_core_fabric_ops.
> All that has been added are a few new data members. With the patch below
> ibmvscsis_modify_std_inquiry() can be left out and the target core will
> pick up the "IBM", "VOPTA", "3303 NVDISK" and "0001" strings through the
> target_core_fabric_ops instance in the ibmvscsis template. I think this is
> a much cleaner approach than keeping the ibmvscsis_modify_std_inquiry()
> function ...

If we really have to, yes.  But then again we manually allow overriding
the values from configfs, and none of this seems to be a protocol
requirement but just a workaround for a braindead AIX initiator.  So
the right thing is documentation telling people how to modify their
inquiry strings for AIX to work.