On 12 August 2016 at 09:34, Martin K. Petersen
<martin.peter...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> +               put_unaligned_be64(65535 * ATA_MAX_TRIM_RNUM /
> +                                  (sector_size / 512), &rbuf[36]);
>
> MAXIMUM WRITE SAME LENGTH is in units of the device's logical block
> size.

Yeah that's why:

+       sector_size = ata_id_logical_sector_size(args->id);

Where the logical sector size of the device is reported with the same
function in ata_scsi_dev_config() and ata_scsiop_read_cap().

So were you trying to pointing out something I am still missing, or
were you merely confirming I was right?