On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 16:50:57 +0100
Christoph Hellwig <h...@lst.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:48:45PM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > Let me know, I can run another test and dump more data.
>
> Could it be that we keep the old sense buffer values around because
> my commit change the way how sense buffers are handled.  A while ago
> I suggested this patch to fix it, so maybe you can try it:
>

> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/block.git/commitdiff/148cff67b401e2229c076c0ea418712654be77e4

It appears that is already in the code I am testing in linux-next...

bool scsi_normalize_sense(const u8 *sense_buffer, int sb_len,
                          struct scsi_sense_hdr *sshdr)
{
        memset(sshdr, 0, sizeof(struct scsi_sense_hdr));

        if (!sense_buffer || !sb_len)
                return false;

        sshdr->response_code = (sense_buffer[0] & 0x7f);

        if (!scsi_sense_valid(sshdr))