On 4/20/2017 11:22 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 02:52:13AM +0300, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
The patches are dependent on the FC nvme/nvmet patches from the following 2
series:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-nvme/2017-April/009250.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-nvme/2017-April/009256.html
Hmm,

So it seems that we have conflicts here

A local merge attempt on Jens's current for-4.12/block
from nvme-4.12 (with this patchset)is generating:
The problem are two patches from the "nvme_fc: add ctlr reset support
and abort fixes" series from James which conflict badly with the NVMe
result/state rework in block/for-next.

I will drop this series from nvme-4.12 for now, and rebase nvme-4.12
on top of Jens' for-4.12 tree so that we have a good base to start
from.  I think we can get James' patch in post-rc1 or wih a second
pull request still.

Also James once you do that please run the patches through sparse,
there are a few warnings in the changes, although they mostly seem
to replace old warnings with different ones.
looking back, looks like I didn't reback to the latest block tree, so the conflicts exist. I'm having a hard time believe the conflicts are that egregious. Almost all of these mods are internal or toward the fc facing side. I'll reback vs block and nvme-4.12 and will look to repost.

-- james