On 05/22/2017 07:59 PM, Omar Sandoval wrote:
> This looks much better, thanks! One question for you: is there any value
> in running this on specific test devices (i.e., changing test() to
> test_device() and using "$TEST_DEV" instead of a scsi-debug device), or
> would it be a waste of time since it's just exercising generic code?

That's just generic code. All I need is a SCSI device so I get a /dev/sg
device node.

One could do a check if $TEST_DEV is a SCSI device and have a fall-back
to scsi_debug if it isn't, but I'm not sure if this isn't just a waste
of time.

Byte,
        Johannes

--
Johannes Thumshirn                                          Storage
jthumsh...@suse.de                                +49 911 74053 689