On 2017-07-07 09:20:02 [-0400], Chad Dupuis wrote:
> What was the question?  My observation is that the patch I proposed fixed
> the issue we saw on testing the patch set.  With that small change
> (essentially modulo by the number of active CPUs vs. the total number)
> your patch set worked ok.

That mail at the bottom of this mail where I said why I think your patch
is a nop in this context.

Sebastian

On 2017-05-17 17:07:34 [+0200], To Chad Dupuis wrote:
> > > Sebastian, can you add this change to your patch set?
> >
> > Are sure that you can reliably reproduce the issue and fix it with the
> > patch above? Because this patch:
>
> oh. Okay. Now it clicked. It can fix the issue but it is still possible,
> that CPU0 goes down between your check for it and schedule_work_on()
> returning. Let my think of something…

Oh wait. I already thought about this: it may take bnx2fc_percpu from
CPU7 and run the worker on CPU3. The job isn't lost, because the worker
does:

 …
|         p = container_of(work_s, struct bnx2fc_percpu_s, work);
|
|         spin_lock_bh(&p->fp_work_lock);

and so will access bnx2fc_percpu of CPU7 running on CPU3. So I *think*
that your patch should make no difference and there should be no leak if
schedule_work_on() is invoked on an offline CPU.