Hannes,

> here's now the second attempt to add support for legacy boards, ie for
> boards previously supported by cciss only.  With this patchset the
> hpsa driver should work with all Smart Array boards if the
> 'hpsa_allow_any' module option is set, rendering the cciss driver
> obsolete.  Consequently I've added a patch to remove the cciss driver
> and make 'hpsa' an alias to 'cciss'.

How does the module alias solve the problem that hpsa_allow_any=1 needs
to be added for users currently running cciss?

I also fail to see what the point is of having an opt-in parameter when
there is no alternative after cciss has been removed. It's a
don't-be-broken switch.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering