Andrey,

>> > This patch break exposing individual RAID disks from adaptec raid
>> > controller. I need access to this disc's for S.M.A.R.T monitoring.
>
> adaptec report hidden luns with PQ=1, PDT=0 - now it skipped.

>> > Please find other way to workaround bugs in IBM/2145 controller.

Spent some time on this today and I'm in agreement with Zhong's
interpretation of the SCSI spec.

What puzzles me is that aacraid already supports the no_uld_attach
feature so I'm not sure why it also sets PQ=1 for physical devices?

We could either have a SCSI host flag to override the behavior or
consider masking PQ in the driver. Unfortunately, I don't have any
aacraid controllers I can test with in my test setup so I'd have to
synthesize a setup with scsi_debug.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering