On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 17:47 +0200, Petko Manolov wrote:
> Difference since v5 of the patches:
>
>  - better description of patch #3;
>  - added missing IMA_DIGSIG_REQUIRED & IMA_PERMIT_DIRECTIO flags;
>
> This patch-set consists of three separate patches that do the following:
>
> 1) Allows multiple writes to the IMA policy.  This is considered useful to do
> in
> a long lived systems with multiple tenants and where reboots are not
> recommended.  The new IMA rules are appended to the existing ones, effectively
> forming a queue.  The code also replaces the mutexes with RCU read locks.
>
> 2) Adds two more system keyrings - .ima_mok, which is used to create a simple
> CA
> hierarchy for the trusted IMA keyring and .ima_blacklist, which keeps all
> revoked IMA keys.  When the IMA_TRUSTED_KEYRING is enabled it is impossible to
> import a key into .ima if it has not been signed by a key in either .system or
> .ima_mok keyrings.  Before performing signature checks .ima_blacklist is
> consulted first and if an offending key is found the requested operation is
> rejected.
>
> 3) Allows reading back the current IMA policy.It is often useful to be able to
> read back the IMA policy.  It is even more important after introducing
> CONFIG_IMA_WRITE_POLICY. This option allows the root user to see the current
> policy rules.

Thank you for the patches.   I've taken the liberty to prefix the patch
names with the subsystem.

IMA: allow reading back the current IMA policy
IMA: create machine owner and blacklist keyrings
IMA: policy can now be updated multiple times

The patches are available from:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/zohar/linux-integrity.git
ima-keyrings.

Mimi