On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > I agree with David's proposal above; just make usb_bulk_msg() and
> > usb_control_msg() interruptible.  But what about synchronous
> > usb_unlink_urb()?
>
> IMHO that's not a good idea. If we change behaviour without syntax
> we'll spend weeks chasing signal handling bugs. For usb_bulk_msg()
> the issue is easy, but for control messages it is not.

I'm not convinced there will be so many bugs.  usb_bulk_msg() and
usb_control_msg() both can fail already, in several different ways with
several different error codes.  This would just add another failure mode,
in which the error code happens to be -EINTR.  But the drivers should
treat it much like any other error.  That is, unless they try to do some
sort of error recovery based on the return code -- then this would have to
fall under the default "unknown error" case.