Hi Alan!
Yes, you are right, I used kernel 2.4.20. The last days I tried to reproduce
the problem with 2.4.21-rc3 but I failed. It 2.4.21-rc3 seems to be fixed in
that version. :-)
But I have another problem also with 2.4.21-rc3. The data I transmit to the
device gets corrupt. If I copy clean, self-build mp3's to the device I listen
some "CLICK". If I copy programs or other files to the device and try to use
them later, they are damaged.  PONTIS the vendor confirmed this problem with
"some configurations of chipset and driver". My question: is it possible to
write a workaround in the Linux-USB driver for this problem?

Thank you! Joschua