On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 04:08:22PM +0800, David Glance wrote:
> I would like to submit this driver for inclusion as a usb/misc driver
> for 2.6.0-test5
>
> The Lego usb IR tower is used with Lego Mindstorms kits and this is used
> by a number of Universities (including mine) and schools for teaching
> computer science, robotics, software engineering, etc.
>
> It was in 2.4, a one-shot interrupt driver and so was quite unusual in
> that respect (one-shot as a concept is apparently no longer available in
> 2.6 as such). Two principle Lego RCX development environments have been
> modified to work with the driver (LeJOS and NQC). It has the unofficial
> support of Lego (they were reviewing their licensing for their SDK).

one-shot interrupt urbs is all you get in 2.6, you have to explicitly
resubmit it now for it not to be.  So in 2.6, can't you use libusb just
fine?

> Comments would be gratefully received.

Hm, the patch isn't inline, so I can't comment directly.

But in short, you aren't using the usb minor number handling properly.
You do not need your list of devices anymore, you can get the info from
the interface passed to you.  See the usb_find_interface() function for
what you need to use in your open() function.

Also, any reason why this shouldn't just be a usb-serial type driver?

thanks,

greg k-h