On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Pioneer DVR-106 drive housed in an external USB housing which
> uses the ALI m5621 IDE-USB chipset. This connects to the PC via a NEC
> based USB2.0 PCI card.
>
> Whenever I try and burn a DVD the unit fails after a few minutes. I
> enclose some debug information below - please let me know if you need
> anymore information. Needless to say, I would be grateful for any help
> in diagnosing the problem.
>
> The same unit works find when used on a machine running windows.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

> Nov 10 19:59:25 shaun kernel: usb-storage: -- transport indicates command failure
> Nov 10 19:59:25 shaun kernel: usb-storage: Not Ready: Logical unit not ready, long
> write in progress

These errors are normal.  The WRITEs are reissued and go through okay.

The real problem occurs at the end of your debugging log:

> Nov 10 19:59:25 shaun kernel: usb-storage: usb_stor_bulk_transfer_sglist: xfer 63488
> bytes, 2 entries
> Nov 10 19:59:25 shaun kernel: usb 1-1: sg_complete, unlink --> -19
> Nov 10 20:01:05 shaun kernel: usb-storage: command_abort called
> Nov 10 20:01:05 shaun kernel: usb-storage: usb_stor_stop_transport called
> Nov 10 20:01:05 shaun kernel: usb-storage: -- cancelling sg request

For all the world it looks like your USB connection has gone dead, except
that there's no disconnection notification in the log.  It would be
interesting to see what happened next; the log shouldn't have stopped
there.

Someone who is more familiar with the EHCI controller may be able to
suggest more things to try.