I have found what appears to be some corruption in the usb-storage
piece of the kernel.  When writing out a DVD storing 4.2 GIGS
of data, the kernel appears to corrupt a few bytes here and there.

I had seen this happen in the 2.4.X series kernel, but it
got fixed about 2.4.25 or so, I can't really remember.
I am using the same hardware I have always used for this testing,
so I seriously doubt it's a hardware issue.

For example, I will write out 4.2 gigs of data, then compare each
file against the original copy and about 4-8 bytes of data
will be corrupted, not any kind of pattern.  When running the compare
again, the same bytes are messed up, so it's not a randon READ
problem.

I don't have much to go on, but will provide any debugging info
needed.  I can repeat this at will and have used different programs
to write out the data, same bug occurs.

Thanks,
Joe Ceklosky