On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 12:15 -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> Looks OK to me ... except for one minor point, that I'd prefer not
> to see platform devices registered on boards that don't support them.
> In such cases they're just a waste of memory.  Wasting a KByte here
> and there does start to add up.
>
> For one reason or another, that's not the convention that seems to
> be used on the PXA hardware.

Personally I totally agree but that really needs to be discussed on
linux-arm-kernel with the other PXA developers. I know several people
with several different problems all related to the way the pxa device
structures are defined and registered.

I will be trying to address those issues in due course, probably by
replacing the pxa_set_ohci_info() function (and similar for the pxafb
etc.) with a call returning the struct device which the board can do
with as it pleases. This needs to be done in a different patch though.

Can we apply this patch on that basis?

Richard