David Brownell wrote:

> On Thursday 10 November 2005 8:14 pm, Aras Vaichas wrote:
>
>> *(h) For production testing, we would want to send a fixed amount of data, and check the raw and net error rates.
>>
>> Can you please add a 'raw and net bit error count' monitoring output. This will allow monitoring of the errors on a second by second basis
>

> Nope.
> - Dave

haha, don't worry *I* wasn't asking, that was what my test department were asking *me* to do!

Thanks for the good answers, my test department were basically treating the USB connection like good old RS-232 serial and were applying the same sort of test regime to it. I had a talk to them and they have relaxed their requirements a little after I sent them this little quote:

section 8.7 of the USB2.0 spec (a 650 page document):

"8.7 Error Detection and Recovery
The USB permits reliable end-to-end communication in the presence of errors on the physical signaling layer. This includes the ability to reliably detect the vast majority of possible errors and to recover from errors on a transaction-type basis. Control transactions, for example, require a high degree of data reliability; they support end-to-end data integrity using error detection and retry."

regards,

Aras Vaichas