On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Mukund JB. wrote:

> Dear Alan,
>
> >On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Mukund JB. wrote:
> >
> >> Dear Alan,
> >>
> >> I am not speaking about the 'Max Transfers' instead I am talking
> about
> >> the MAX bottom most row. I did not understand how is max bandwidth
> >> jumped to 187500 value.

> data
> >
> >Looks like you do understand it after all.  That's the maximum number
> of
> >bytes per second.  It's really just the theoretical maximum, since no
> >frame can have more than 187 bytes and so there can't be more than
> 187000
> >bytes per second.  Even less than that, when you take into accont
> >inter-packet delays and bit-stuffing.
>
> I am really sorry to ask where these 187 bytes came into picture.
> Which part of USB specifications says that 187 bytes are the maximum
> transferable control transfers bytes per frame?

It's not the maximum transferable control transfers bytes per frame.  It's
the maximum bytes per frame, period.

In other words, since low-speed USB runs at 1.5 Mb/s, that's 1500000 bits
per second, or 1500 bits per frame, or 187.5 bytes per frame.  Since you
can't transfer half a byte, the number is rounded down to 187.