Hi, Alan (still remember meeting you at OLS in one of the past years!)

> Your assumption is wrong.

thanks for your quick response.

> When a control-out transfer takes, the host controller sends a SETUP
> packet followed by as many OUT/DATA packets as necessary to transfer the
> data, but no zero-length OUT/DATA.  There is a zero-length IN packet to
> terminate the transfer (the "status stage"), but that's present regardless
> of the amount of data.

This really solves my problem.  One fundamental problem (at least given
the SAM7 register set) remains: I have no indication to decide which of
the data OUT packets was the last, and when the device should return the
status stage IN packet.

Since (at least in my application, don't know whether this is how it is
supposed to work) the setup state states the length of the data, I
simply use this as indication.

Seems to work just fine now.  I spent already more than one day at this
problem ;( Thanks once again.

Cheers,
--
- Harald Welte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                      http://gnumonks.org/
We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds. -- Linus