On Wed, 16 May 2007, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> I did not verify the function in detail, but the patch looks sane at a
> quick glance.

Hi Pete and Oliver,

(BTW, why was I again dropped from CC? :) )

I consider the things below crucial before this could be merged:

- what to do with devices with force feedback? (or PID devices in
  general). The effect could have up to infinite duration (until it is
  stopped by appropriate "stop" method), and we definitely absolutely must
  not autosuspend a device that is currently in a process of playback.
- think again about the output reports queuing. I am now inclined to think
  that we should simply wake the device up once the output report is to be
  delivered to it. There might be different situations other than just
  keyboard LEDs (there can be simply any kind of exotic HID device being
  controlled through hiddev and userspace could want to deliver the output
  report to it immediately, without any queuing)
- (and of course coding style)

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina