Oliver Neukum wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 02 August 2007 schrieb Thaens Tim:
>> I've compiled the usb_skeleton.c module and loaded this module.
>> I've managed to open a USB-device, but that's it.
>>
>> How can I write a application that uses this module?
>> Can I only use the file-operations like (owner, read, write, open and
>> release)?
>
> Yes.

Or you can instead use libusb. That allows you do most of the things you can
do from a driver, but instead from userspace.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming